Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I am the best inventor

I don't understand the need for cars in the future everyone will be able to teleport directly to their destinations and cars will be a thing of the past just like your antiquated ways of rebuilding old cars and thinking that they are cool when they are not I mean honestly who ever thought that giant chrome fins were hip looking, much less aerodynamically sound additions but oh yeah back to teleporting I think the system is really quite simple to build all it requires is a series of teleportation pads that people can step into and they travel through essentially the phone system of days gone by and as a series of bits they transfer themselves from one side of the country to the other at the speed of light the only problem I can foresee right now is that the computer that decodes the bits isn't very good and is running Windows ME and so it might take a while and sometimes the bits get out of order and so we had the janitors come in and put an "out of order" sign on the teleportation pad; only problem is that in order to put the sign on the pad you have to be on the pad and for some reason we made the pad like a video game and so simply stepping in it automatically activates it and so now we have a half-rotting janitor somewhere in a field oh man this reminds me of that movie The Prestige so I might actually be thinking about that movie instead of talking about what I am dreaming about what will happen in the future but actually if I recall to the fullest extent of my mental capacity the teleporter in that that movie actually just created new copies of whatever went into it so there's no way that my character who is created by my dream for the future who lives in the future and who is talking about the very near to him past which would still be our distant future and for my memory it would be even further in the future because my younger self would not have been able to remember dreaming up this future character because they had not yet come to the point in my life where I did dream up this narrator in the future who is talking about an event in my distant future but his recent past, because if I had known about that when I was younger the distant future that I had dreamed up would have been not negligibly less distant, so I would be dreaming currently about a memory where I was dreaming about something happening in the not negligibly less distant future to my present self but the same ratio between my present self and this memory and my dream of my past self and its supposed past memory of the future but to the narrator in that story it would still be happening with the same ratio in his past since clearly it must be a very recent past due to the specifics of his story and how he is using current tenses, which might actually mean that the past doesn't really exist for the narrator and he isn't recalling anything from my dream from memory but, in fact, is currently in my dream of the past dreaming of the not negligibly less distant future in a present, almost commentary-like state, which I think suits that character which I have created in my past dream of a future dream of a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment